Do you go to school in the Jarrow constituency?
Join me in the Crusade Against Climate Change!
As you will know, preserving and looking after our environment is really important. We face many environmental issues in the world today including the likes of climate change, disposal of wastes such as plastics, loss of biodiversity and deforestation. But did you know that YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
If you are in school and live in the Jarrow Constituency, you can get involved with my Crusade Against Climate Change. You can get involved with this campaign via your school or individually, depending on your place of education!
Different ways you can become
more environmentally friendly:
You can put certain waste in the recycle bin.
You can make sure you don’t litter in our streets.
You can walk/cycle to school to reduce car emissions!
You can cook zero-waste meals and compost all of your leftovers!
You can use a water bottle instead of using single use plastic bottles.
You can turn the lights off at home and school when they don’t need to be on.
Donate! Don’t waste! Donate your old clothes/toys to charities instead of throwing them out.
There are so many different ways we can contribute to the Crusade Against Climate Change, every one of us can make little changes to our ways of life. I want to know the best ideas you have on how we can collectively reduce the impact we have on the Climate.
It is my hope that this Crusade Against Climate Change will help drive forward our communities in a greener, more sustainable way. While big businesses are the largest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions, we can all take steps as individuals to affect change. If we take these individual steps collectively, we can, as a community reduce our impact on the environment.
I want to hear what YOU have to say.
- Please write a letter outlining your ideas and concerns with the environment and climate change and send it to my office.
- Let me know what the most important thing to you, that the government needs to do to tackle climate change.
- You could talk about ways in which you feel climate change affects you directly, e.g. air pollution as you walk around town
- Let me know what you do, and what you plan to do, to play your part in looking after our environment.
- I will read all of the responses submitted and take up your concerns with the government in Parliament.
- I will collate the responses in a letter to the Prime Minister signed from all the schools that contribute!
- When you return to school in September, let me know what environmental changes you made at home during the holidays.
- Every participant will receive a certificate.
Climate change poses an enormous threat to humanity, we must change our way of life if we are going to protect the environment. There can be no delay if we are to prevent a climate catastrophe. According to the IPCC report, the targets made in the Paris Climate Agreement in 2015 will not be achieved this century unless huge cuts in carbon emissions take place.
I will be keeping this page updated with regards to the Crusade Against Climate Change.
If you have any questions about how you can get involved, please email [email protected] and myself and my office will be glad to advise you!
Address your letters to: