Help & Advice
As your Member of Parliament, I hold regular meetings with constituents called surgeries. These meetings are a space for constituents to raise with me any problems they may be having or things that they would like me to raise in Parliament.
Strict Parliamentary protocol means that MPs are only allowed to take up cases on behalf of their own constituents. Please check if you are a resident of the Jarrow constituency using the following link: https://members.parliament.uk/members/commons
In my team, I have some excellent caseworkers who can help constituents with a range of issues relating to but not limited to: welfare benefits, housing, employment, immigration, consumer and health.
I also may be able to help you if you:
• Are having problems with a government body
• Have made a complaint or filed a complaint and want to know how it’s progressing
• Have been told you aren’t entitled to something and you disagree
• Want to make a complaint about a government body to the Parliamentary Ombudsman
• Want to get in touch with an organisation that will give you support and advice
If you need some advice on one of the above topics, please do get in contact with my office by emailing [email protected] or by phoning 0191 466 1509. If I or my office are unable to help you, I will try and direct you to someone who can.